Investigations Manager, Audit - Milton Keynes
Robert Half Finance and Accountancy are hiring for a Investigations Manager, Audit for a leading membership organisation for accounting professionals, based in Milton Keynes. This is a role which can be considered either on a permanent or contract basis which offers a strong work life balance including the ability to work from home.
Reporting into a Senior Manager, the Investigations Manager, Audit will be given a portfolio of case work to take ownership of; These cases will comprise of complaints and disputes by customers against audit practitioners who are members of the organisation
The Investigations Manager will need to assess the veracity of the compliant, analyse the conduct and process of the member in question by undertaking a review of the work done and process followed, and advise the business whether there is a case to be made, and if so what appropriate action needs to be taken.
A high-level of customer service and professionalism needs to be maintained, as well as a thorough, impartial assessment of the member, and all the while protecting the reputation and brand of the organisation. A strong understanding of audit is required to assess whether the work was done correctly or not.
· Manage to resolution a portfolio of casework and where appropriate find pragmatic solutions to problems.
· Manage volume and timeliness of reporting and ensure high standards of reporting are maintained to provide internal/external stakeholders (eg committees, members, the public, other regulators) with an accurate and balanced view of the outcomes.
· Answer correspondence and telephone enquiries in a timely manner and provide information to firms and members within area of technical knowledge.·
Develop, implement and maintain effective systems and procedures to support casework including providing regular updates and feedback on own casework to senior managers.
· Where appropriate, facilitate and prepare work for consideration by Committees and assist the Committees secretary to support and monitor the work of the of the Committees to ensure effective discharge of their responsibilities.
· Provide assistance and advice of audit to colleagues across the organisation
Hours are likely to be 9am-5pm (or start and finish earlier/later if required) and so the role offers a good work/life balance including the option to work from home up to 2 days per week.
The company is looking to hire a qualified audit professional (ACA/ ACCA / ICAS).The successful candidate is likely to be at audit manager level or senior audit manager level and will have had prior or current experience of working in audit in a practice environment.
Strong stakeholder management and customer relations skills are required, as well as up-to-date knowledge of audit legislation and processes.
The client is a leading membership organisation of tax, audit and accountancy professionals and are instantly recognisable in the UK.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is in the region of £55,000 to £60,000 plus benefits package, and the company can offer an excellent work/life balance.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice