In-house International Tax Manager - Law Firm
Robert Half are hiring for an in-house International Tax Manager for a leading law firm based in Central London.
Reporting into the Global Head of Tax and working as part of an in-house tax team of 5, the International Tax Manager will fulfil a global role looking after corporate and personal tax affairs of the business across all their international operations, including advisory, reporting, compliance and project work.
More specifically this role includes work on partner's tax compliance, reporting and planning (both individually and combined), UK employment tax and expatriate compliance and advisory, and corporate tax work for the partnership.
- Planning, facilitating and coordinating tax compliance for partners across the global firm. Includes information gathering, preparation and review of returns, and provision of information both internally and externally to ensure efficient and timely submission. Core portfolio comprises UK tax returns for c.80 UK resident partners.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual UK composite tax return (which reports the combined UK profits of our non-UK resident partners on a single personal tax return).
- Applying tax knowledge to identify and resolve any technical issues which arise.
- Dealing with handover issues for new or retiring partners, including new partner induction meetings.
- Responding to ad-hoc compliance and planning queries from partners, undertaking research as necessary to support conclusions.
- Ad-hoc advice on employee tax issues and compliance, including preparation of annual P11Ds and aspects arising from international mobility.
- Maintaining CCH tax software for the team, including management of upgrades.
- Ensuring technical knowledge is kept up-to-date and sharing knowledge across the team.
The company are looking to hire a tax specialist who hold either an accounting or tax qualification (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA). This person is likely to be at a managerial level, or currently at assistant manager level and ready to take the next step up.
The role contains work on both corporate and personal taxes and the business is happy to receive applications from candidates who have either personal tax or corporate tax experience, or both. This experience could have been gained either from working in practice or from working in industry.
Experience of partners tax or partnership tax would be beneficial but is not required; Similarly any experience of working on the tax affairs of LLPs would be a plus.
The client is a leading international law firm, one of the largest in the world and who are global leaders in their particular specialism.
Their in-house tax team is award-winning and is highly reputed and is a great team in which to work.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £55,000 to £65,000 plus benefits package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice