Robert Half Financial Services are currently working with a Fin-Tech firm based in Central London helping them source a Financial Controller/Process Improvement Specialist for a 6 month project.
This firm was founded by experienced finance & technology professionals who have worked to build a company to disrupting and revolutionising the Banking industry and shift the focus away from the large Banking institutions. The company now comprises of 30 people and is set for rapid growth through the rest of 2018 and 2019.
As Financial Controller you shall be implementing controls to ensure that with the rapid growth the finance function remains robust. You shall also be responsible for overseeing the work of some of the finance team and reviewing the managed accounts.
As Financial Controller your main responsibilities will include
- Implementing and maintaining highest quality financial controls throughout the business
- Reviewing the financial statements, technical accounting work, and the annual report
- Review of consolidated management accounts and board reports
- FCA Regulatory Returns and maintenance of financial analysis and Liquidity Risk Management Framework
- Working closely with colleagues in Treasury, Risk and the wider business to ensure that liquidity, capital and market risk is managed in line with Board's risk appetite.
- Oversight of day to day accounting entries and maintenance of ledger
- Ad hoc financial analysis as requested by the CFO
Required Experience and Skills:
- Fully qualified accountant
- 5+ years post qualified experience with relevant finance and start-up experience; financial services industry experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience with macros preferred
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to prioritise multiple tasks, set goals and meet deadlines
- Self-directed and motivated
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes
Rate: £375 - £400 per day.
Location: Central London
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly