What we are looking for
We are looking for a leader, or one in the making, ideally already achieving results in an accounting practice. You will oversee our Louth office where you will lead the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to a portfolio of clients including a growing academy offering.
The client portfolio is circa 600 with a total fee income of £1.1m. You will have significant experience delivering audit or assurance services to clients and managing a wide portfolio of clients. You will have a strong track record of building relationships, recognising opportunities for innovative solutions and bringing those to market.
The Louth team are well-established, experienced and made up of 5 managers, 10 Audit / Accounts and 5 support team members. As a confident and effective communicator, you will be passionate about people development, ensuring you identify areas to strengthen and grow the team.
Like every Director within the company you will play a key role in delivering 'Our 2025 vision'. This was launched companywide in September 2018 and is challenging yet achievable, with focus and a clear sense of purpose; underpinned by a strong, collegiate culture. The vision covers four quadrants; people, clients and markets, operations and finance and sets out our aspirations for each.
You will play a key role in delivering the vision and its impact at Louth.
- Maintain and build effective working relationships with clients, ensuring service levels meet the standards expected by the company and the client
- Develop and implement sales strategies for new client prospects and growth opportunities with current clients
- Be the Responsible Individual for audit purposes
- Play an active role within the Leadership Group to develop, guide and achieve the firm's 2025 vision
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of internal and external issues that affect the company
- Represent the company at events to enhance the firm's profile
- Build a strong relationship with Kreston members responsible for the preparation of the annual Academies Benchmarking Report.
Operational planning and management
- Develop and maintain an office culture that is aligned with the firm's 2025 Vision, values and behaviours
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the office
- Ensure that the operation of the Louth office meets the expectations of its team members, clients and Board
- Prepare the office annual production budget and financial budgets for the Louth office
- Mentor, develop and manage performance of new and existing team members ensuring clear goals and objectives are set and achieved with regular support and feedback
- Monthly reporting to the team and the Board whilst ensuring full management of WIP and debtors
Duncan & Toplis is one of the largest independent firms of chartered accountants in the East Midlands region. Our 11 Offices are located in Lincolnshire (Boston, Grantham, Lincoln, Louth, Skegness, Sleaford, Spalding, and Stamford), Leicestershire (Loughborough and Melton Mowbray), and Nottinghamshire (Newark).
Across our group of companies we employ approximately 450 people. Our size and structure means we are able to deliver a range of services you would expect from a larger firm, but with the personal contact and value associated with a smaller firm.
Our clients are typically SMEs, family run businesses and private individuals to whom we provide a high level of expertise in sectors including agriculture, caravan parks, education, food, haulage and logistics, medical, property and construction and renewables. We act as auditors, accountants and tax advisers to a wide range of clients , providing services such as audits, compliance reporting, bookkeeping, VAT, tax returns, corporate tax advice, annual and management accounts, audit, payroll and HR. As and when needed, our clients can also call on us for specialist services covering corporate finance, litigation support and forensic accounting, valuations and wealth management.
We take great pride in getting to know our clients' businesses inside and out, and aim to be a partner you can trust to provide strength, direction and value for you and your business.
Making a difference
As current holders of both the ICAEW East Midlands Large Accountancy Firm of the Year Award, a GOLD mark of distinction from Investors in Customers and Number 30 in the Top 100 Accountancy firms, Duncan & Toplis is a great place to apply and explore your talents.
We love to champion our team members, and we pride ourselves in being able to attract and retain top talent from across our region.
Our flexible working and benefits schemes are hugely competitive, and we reward our team members for their loyalty, hard work, and the results they achieve. Whether you want to learn new skills, increase your fitness or just save money on a luxury purchase, our team member perks enable you to enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
Actively involved in our local communities, we take our social responsibility seriously and encourage our team members to get involved in supporting local initiatives, whilst on a global level, we are members of Kreston International, which means that our team members are supported by over 25,000 peer professionals, from 200+ firms around the world.
By creating a positive working environment, we position our team right at the heart of everything we do – after all that’s why our clients continually choose to work with us!