Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting for a Financial Controller to join a rapidly growing investment firm in Central London. This is a great opportunity to gain broad exposure within a small but expanding firm. The Financial Controller at this Central London based investment firm will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Support all managing directors in relation to all finance matters.
- Support all Head of Finance in terms of key finance priorities and management of finance processes under supervision of the Head of Finance.
- Support all Managers and relevant staff in relation to all finance matters.
- Communication with and managed of outsourced accounting providers, auditors, tax advisers, suppliers and regulatory bodies in relation to finance matters.
- Maintain the ledger and ensure that all appropriate entries are processed and reviewed. Ensure that all account balances are reconciled to supporting documentation. Review all accounts and identification of issues and errors.
- Review and preparation of financial reporting to Management and external stakeholders. Actively challenge accuracy and completeness of all reporting, and prepare value added commentary.
- Manage and review preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Preparation of data for auditors and management of audit process, including monitoring of audit budgets.
- Management of the outsourced accounting relationships and reviewing their output on an on-going basis. Review and challenge of outsourcing costs.
- Management of cash positions and on-going basis and preparation of cash flow forecasting.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts, and maintenance of the financial forecasting model; including liaising with outsourced model providers.
- Policies Draft and maintain accounting policies and procedures. Identify need for new policies or assess the need for changes on an on-going basis. Assess current systems and identify/implement improvements.
- Liaising with and provision of data to external tax providers and respond to questions from tax authorities as required.
The successful Financial Controller at this investment firm will be ACA qualified from a big four accountancy practice with at least five years PQE. Sector experience is irrelevant for the role of Financial Controller, however, a hand on attitude and ability to cope in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must.
My client are a small but rapidly growing legal investment firm based in Central London. They boast a dynamic, fast paced environment in a beautiful new office.
Salary & Benefits
The Financial Controller for this Legal Investment Firm will receive a salary of £80,000-£90,000 depending on experience plus a very attractive bonus and benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly