Robert Half Financial Services is recruiting for a Statutory Accountant to join a global investment management firm based in they City of London. The role of Statutory Accountant will be a very broad one within a small team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the financial books of the Group's companies reflect a complete and reconciled record of their activities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Production of the Group's published Annual Report and Accounts and Half-Yearly Financial Report. With particular attention to IFRS, company law, stock exchange requirements and best practice.
- Ensuring the Group's accounting policies, procedures and controls reflect all current accounting standards and guidelines, and to advise on the implications of proposed changes to standards, legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Review of monthly management accounts.
- Review of monthly balance sheet controls.
- Preparation of budgets.
- UK Payroll.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
The successful Statutory Accountant will be a qualified accountant with at least 8 years experience under their belt. The Statutory Accountant for this global investment management firm will have very strong technical experience with a good understanding of IFRS and will also have managed at least two people in a previous role. Financial Services experience is NOT essential for this role but listed business experience would be advantageous.
My client is a leading specialist asset management group offering a range of institutional products investing in closed-end funds with offices in the UK, US and Asia. This firm has a premium listing on the FTSE small cap index.
Salary & Benefits
The Statutory Accountant at this leading City of London based Investment Management firm will receive a salary of £60,000-£65,000 depending on experience, plus a generous bonus and benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice