- Assisting compliance services for a portfolio of clients in both personal and corporate tax.
- Progressive opportunity looking at both newly and part qualified candidates to further their career within tax.
Our client is an independent, well established SW based accountancy practice with multiple offices in South Wales. They offer a welcoming working environment with competitive staff benefits.
Reporting to the Tax Managers and Directors, the Tax Advisor will assist with preparing tax computations and returns, and be involved in advising a range of clients on their tax affairs. Appropriate training will be provided but it would be helpful if the successful candidate has exposure in a wide range of taxation matters. Main responsibilities include:
- Providing compliance services for a portfolio of clients
- Dealing with other HMRC forms and reporting requirements as requested (e.g. P11D's)
- Identify advisory opportunities
- Assisting clients and colleagues with ad-hoc Tax queries
- Dealing with general correspondence with HMRC
- Various other duties commensurate with this role, including monitoring of external and internal deadlines for work completion and HMRC filing
- Assisting more junior members of the team
The successful person will be flexible in their approach to work with a calm, efficient and professional manner. They will be a team player and will be willing to get involved with work across the team as necessary. The prospective candidate will possess:
ATT qualification/CTA part qualified is desirable
Experience of working in an Accountancy practice or within the accountancy function of a company or organisation
Experience of personal and corporate tax work
Experience of working in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- Experience of working with both finance and non-finance people
The prospective candidate should:
- Demonstrate a common sense & logical approach to tasks
- Be forward thinking and demonstrate initiative
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems
- Demonstrate care for clients and colleagues
- Demonstrate proven verbal and written communication skills
- Have a strong eye for attention to detail
- Have a sound track record in meeting deadlines and demonstrate effectiveness within a team environment.
- Act with integrity and respect confidential information
- Have advanced excel and word skills
- Hold a full & clean driving license, with daily access to a car
The full time position is offered at a competitive salary and includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly subscription box
- Cash back health care plan
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- Dress down days and social events.