Junior Fund Accountant - Venture Capital Investment Firm
A&F Chambers are working with an exciting venture capital investment outfit in Central Cambridge on the recruitment of a Junior Fund Accountant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to embark on an incredibly rewarding career, in which you will be involved in the management of highly successful investment funds. Our client is deeply embedded in Cambridge’s thriving technology sector and looks to invest in deeptech companies with transformational technology, AI or disruptive algorithms at their code. Over the past few years they have exited several investments to the likes of Google, Apple, etc.
They are now looking to bring a new Fund Accountant on board. As a Junior Fund Accountant, your duties will include, but not be restricted to:
- Assist with the management of the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) element of fund nominees, including calculating pro-rata shares for each EIS investment, engaging with investee companies, and liaising with HMRC.
- Engaging with investors regarding upcoming drawdown deadlines and working closely with Fund Managers to ensure the drawdowns are received in timely fashion.
- Calculation of management and performance fees over the course of exits from the funds.
- Management and distribution of annual tax returns to investors.
- Assist with regular internal reporting cycle and cashflow forecasting for all funds.
- Preparation, reconciliation and proofing of quarterly investment reports.
- Assist with the completion of routine audit queries.
- Preparation of the annual statutory financial statements each year.
- Maintain daily bank reconciliations on Xero.
- Preparation and reconciliation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Prepare quarterly FCA submission on financial position of the company.
- Process invoices in an efficient and timely manner.
- Entering petty cash and credit card transactions on Xero.
- Maintain investor data and registers to a high standard of accuracy.
The ideal candidate will be somebody who has cut their teeth in the finance world, and has a good grounding in basic accountancy tasks such as bookkeeping, VAT returns, etc. You must also be commercial and a confident communicator, as you will be involved in meetings with potential investors. Perhaps most important of all is excellent organisational skills - this role will involve keeping on top of several deadlines at once and liaising with multiple parties to ensure everything ticks along as it should. You should be able to take responsibility for any mistakes and not be afraid of asking for help.
Impressive graduates with a relevant accountancy/finance degree will also be considered.
What’s on offer?
Basic salary of up to £30,000 per annum
Study support package to complete a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
Fantastic long-term opportunities
More searches like this
- Accountant Financial Services Qualified by Experience jobs in Cambridge
- Accounts Assistant Financial Services Qualified by Experience jobs in Cambridge
- Financial Accountant Financial Services Qualified by Experience jobs in Cambridge
- Graduate/Trainee Financial Services Qualified by Experience jobs in Cambridge
- Assistant Accountant Financial Services Qualified by Experience jobs in Cambridge