Mixed Tax Senior - Personal Tax Bias
AJ Chambers are currently working with a leading independent firm of chartered accountants, based in London, who are seeking a Mixed Tax Senior. The firm is seeking an ATT qualified individual who possesses significant tax experience.
As a Mixed Tax Senior, your main responsibility will be to ensure the annual tax compliance work is completed and planning opportunities are identified and delivered for a portfolio of clients. The role is approximately 75% personal tax and 25% corporation and other taxes.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Preparation of personal tax returns for a portfolio of clients which may including sole traders, partners, HNWIs, non-UK domiciliaries, partnerships, non-residents and trusts
- Preparation of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses
- Preparation, review & submission of corporation tax returns
- Advising individuals and companies of their tax liabilities
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Assist with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns
- Assist on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects
- Carry out research on different areas to assist Managers/Directors/Partners
- Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate client portfolio
- Meeting with clients and potential clients
- Client Billing
- ATT qualified or able to demonstrate equivalent level of experience
- Possess significant tax experience gained within a UK professional services firm
- Good knowledge of private client tax compliance and exposure to planning/advisory work
- Knowledge of corporation tax compliance and ideally some exposure to planning/advisory work
- Technical knowledge to include; Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Business Tax Aspects. Non-resident, non-domicile and partnership tax experience would be advantageous
- Computer literate using a range of applications/programmes ideally including Iris and PTP software
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
If you would like any additional information on this Mixed Tax Senior role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.