VAT Senior - Top 20 Firm
A top 20 firm, based in Central London, are seeking a VAT Senior for their well-established tax team. This firm offers excellent opportunities for career progression in addition to a generous remuneration package.
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the VAT partners and other members of the senior VAT advisory teams. The work is a mix of advisory and compliance.
Day-to-day duties will include:
- Provide VAT compliance advice to clients and colleagues, as required
- Prepare VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat declarations on a monthly basis, including certain higher level VAT returns
- Demonstrate an understanding of a client’s business and recognise the commercial implications and how VAT may impact
- Completing KYC tasks for own clients and for those of more senior members of the team
- Attend client premises, when required, assisting with on-site VAT compliance reviews
- Send information requests on a monthly basis, ensuring adequate time is given to clients and time to prepare
- Deal with signings of MS (VAT agents) Ltd documents ready for partner sign-off
- Liaise with clients regarding VAT payments or repayment, informing them of value to pay/refund
- Preparation and submission of various VAT related documents to HMRC for example, applications for VAT registration and deregistration
- Reviewing VAT returns, EC Sales Lists and Intrastat declarations for other members of the team
- Research legislation, Case Law and HMRC practice in order to draft technical responses to client issues
- Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients, including hosting client VAT inspections and dealing with any queries that may arise during the inspection
- Completing own billing and that of more senior members of the team
- Ideally CTA qualified or working towards the qualification
- A good understanding of VAT matters
- Good technical and analytical skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the technical ability to learn quickly on the job
- Identifies business opportunities within own area of function and refers to other colleagues for next actions
For more information on this VAT Senior role, please apply directly or contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.