Technical Tax Manager
A specialist charity is currently seeking a Technical Tax Manager for their office near Bridport. This well-established organisation is looking for an experienced individual to act as a technical resource for their team of tax advisers.
As a Technical Tax Manager, you will be a key part of the charities’ management team, dealing with clients on a daily basis as well as using your expertise to develop and deliver training, writing and producing technical tax information booklets, guides and training notes. In addition, you will be responsible for tax content on the organisations website.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Provide technical support to staff advisers and volunteers
- Provide a training programme for staff and volunteers
- Write technical materials to include booklets, guides and educational resources for projects aimed at both clients and VCS organisations
- Be an active member of the Advice Management Team, which has the responsibility to provide a comprehensive service to those in need
- Responding to calls, determining the eligibility for help and deciding the best method of providing tax advice
- Support a team of tax advisers on a day to day basis, including individual training, coaching and staff appraisals
- Work in collaboration with the Casework Manager and the Helpline Manager to deliver a high quality, cost effective client service
- Manage relationships and attend meetings with HMRC and other key partners, in respect of tax
- Possess a professional qualification in tax (ATT/CTA)
- Good IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An ability to present training and communicate with a diverse audience
- Capable of working unsupervised
- Have an interest in charitable work
A generous remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate and the charity would also consider someone who wishes to work part time (the salary would be on a pro rata basis)
For more information on this Technical Tax Manager role, please contact Leon Maulguet at AJ Chambers.