Reporting to Managing Director
We’re a fast-growing B2B creative agency, delivering corporate printed and digital design solutions. We’ve been in business and expanding since 2000. In that time, we’ve built an impressive client portfolio in the UK and across the globe, picking up some top-notch names in commercial property, legal, asset management, financial, advisory, healthcare, media and technology.
We work as small in-house agencies within our clients’ offices, or from our London Studio based in Farringdon.
Our team of over 80 creative professionals readily adapt to evolving requirements and new technologies, drawing on our creative skills to craft the best solutions.
To help us continue developing our business, we’re seeking to appoint a Finance Manager to own the financial aspects of our operation and develop our internal financial planning, reporting and analysis to enable the management team to take well-informed decisions that ensure our future growth and profitability.
On joining, you will define the financial planning, reports and analysis needed for the management team to drive the financial performance of the business. You will work with the team to implement a new finance and workflow management system ensuring your reports and analysis can be produced accurately and efficiently. Once launched, you will work with the new system to create and deliver internal financial planning and reporting schedules, and undertake financial analysis to enhance the profitability of the business.
You will also own the day to day financial management of the business including preparing preparation of month end accounts and statutory submissions, overseeing the outsourced payroll, and managing management of the AP/AR processes in conjunction with client teams to assist in generating strong cashflows. You will also be responsible for developing and overseeing financial policies. Other ad hoc financial projects will arise from time to time. You will be supported by the equivalent of 1 FTE on AP/AR, bank reconciliations and month end processes.
- You’ll be a Qualified Accountant (preferably CIMA qualified) with financial reporting, planning and analysis skills with at least three years post-qualification experience in a mid-size, fast moving business
- You are looking for an opportunity to be involved in building an owner-managed business for the long term, owning financial practices, analysing financial performance, contributing to business planning, providing data and analysis to inform key strategic decisions and business strategy
- Ideally you will have worked in a business where revenue is generated by charging out a team of professionals who perform time-sheeted/project based roles
- You’ll have experience of financial planning, preparing management accounts, reporting against budget, performing financial analysis as well as exposure to month-end processes and payroll
- You’ll relish the opportunity to establish planning and reporting needs from scratch and to work with the management team to define suitable systems and processes
- You are an Excel expert who enjoys manipulating raw financial data to create usable and intelligible information
- You’ll need the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while working in a collaborative and fun agency.
- Develop and manage systems, policies and processes for internal financial planning, reporting and analysis
- Work closely with client teams and senior management to prepare financial budgets and forecasts
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including variance analysis, that are suitably drafted for non-financial personnel to identify trends and future steps
- Prepare month end accounts and ensure all statutory submissions are made accurately and on time
- Provide financial input to monthly/quarterly reporting packs which are provided to clients
- Work with the management team to ensure that key strategic decisions and business strategy are informed by a clear understanding of the financial implications
- Oversee AP/AR processes in conjunction with client teams to assist in generating strong cashflows
- Manage our outsourced payroll provider and ensure that payroll submissions are accurate and in line with budget
- Involvement in ad hoc financial projects
OUR VALUES AND ETHOS Create + Innovate
We’re passionate about
everything we design and
build and we’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Trust + Respect
We appreciate each other’s different skills, experiences
and ideas and treat each
other with fairness and trust.
Collaborate + Deliver
We work together with
our colleagues, partners and
clients to share ideas and
achieve great results.