Corporate Finance Manager
5 days left
- Contract Type
Robert Half Finance and Accounting have been retained to partner with Shire Oak Transtion Finance (SOTF) on the appointment of a Corporate Finance Manager in South Wales.
Shire Oak Transition finance was launched a year ago by Shire Oak Energy to drive transformational change in the rate of adoption of renewable energy in developing countries. We are assembling two capabilities: 'Energy Transition Finance' and 'Shire Oak Developers'. The former structures third party existing renewable energy projects that are stuck at the financing stage; the other engages in unlocking late stage development projects and/or develops from scratch renewable energy projects in the developing world.
SOTF is a subsidiary of the Shire Oak Energy group, which is focused on the development and financing of renewable energy schemes in the UK and overseas. It has successfully consented over £1.9bn of renewable energy assets to date.
Purpose of the Role:
To lead the corporate finance activities of SOTF, including capital raising, responsibility for all financial modelling and analysis required to support projects and the wider business. It will also act as the point of technical and administrative support in respect to corporate and commercial finance activities around the Shire Oak Group. Over time, there is the opportunity to grow into the Finance Director role for SOTF.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- The collation and preparation of professional-looking presentational materials for potential funders and other interested parties, including funding memoranda, business plans and due diligence reporting;
- The scoping, design and development of complex financial models, including scenario/sensitivity analysis;
- The production of detailed cash flow forecasts to identify funding requirements;
- Review and interpretation of financial models and information prepared both internally and externally with an investigative mind;
- The provision of support to the CEO and CFO in raising development and project capital, including direct liaison with funders, advisors and stakeholders;
- The preparation, population and management of data rooms to support project investor due diligence processes;
- The effective coordination of colleagues across the Group to respond to due diligence queries in a timely manner;
- Supporting the CFO and CEO with funder negotiations, including technical, legal and administrative support and advice;
- Building strong working relationships internally and externally, including funders, advisors and stakeholders, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
- Contribute to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy;
- Provide Excel support to colleagues as required, including the development of Excel solutions to facilitate better working practices;
- Preparation and presentation of briefing reports and updates on investment activity to the Board/Group Executive; and
- Other corporate finance and commercial projects for SOTF and the wider Shire Oak Group on an ad hoc basis.
Skills, Capabilities and Knowledge
- Fully qualified ACA/MBA (or equivalent) with 3+ years PQE in corporate finance gained in a large accountancy firm, investment bank or similar environment.
- A self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment undergoing rapid growth.
- Needs to be confident and articulate in talking to prospective and existing investors and colleagues across the group.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail, good judgment showing logical decision making, and a hands-on approach.
- An excellent team worker with a willingness to step in and help the team with an equal ability to work alone.
- A proven track record of building and developing effective working relationships, excellent communication and good problem-solving skills.
- Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with.
- Strong Excel skills, ideally with some experience of Visual Basic for Applications (macros).
- Financial modelling experience essential with project finance modelling an advantage
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong Word and PowerPoint skills with experience of putting together professional looking presentations for bank and funder purposes.
- Strong commercial skills and a broad range of general knowledge on wider business and economic issues.
- Exposure to the energy and/or renewables market would be helpful.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Develop analytical techniques, technical skills and commercial awareness.
- Prepared to undertake international travel.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary of £60,000 - £100,000.
- Share options.
- Annual bonus.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Corporate Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly