Accounts Assistant (Temp to Perm)
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant for an exciting, rapidly growing company just outside of Newport, on a temporary to permanent basis.
As our client prepare for a period of expansion and growth, they are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join the Finance team. The main responsibilities will include matching and posting of purchase and sales ledger invoices as well as the monthly reconciliation of the ledger accounts.
This position is perfect for a recent Accounting Graduate / AAT Student, looking to put their theory and knowledge into practice. Ideally you will have at least 2 years' experience in a similar role. The position will be paying up to £11.50 per hour, dependant on experience.
- Posting Purchase Ledger invoices
- Matching Purchase invoices to orders
- Posting expenses
- Processing Sales invoices
- Matching Sales invoices to quotes
- Liaise with suppliers for payments and ad-hoc queries
- Prepare payment runs in line with our payment procedure
- Action payment runs and distribute remittance advice' with each payment run
- Reconcile Purchase Ledger accounts monthly
- Reconcile Sales Ledger accounts monthly
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve where required
- Other ad-hoc duties
- At least 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Reliable, proactive and able to work to deadlines
- Highly organised
- High level of accuracy applied to tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Problem solving skills
- £10.00 - £11.50 per hour + holiday pay
If this role is of interest, please feel free to get in touch.
This role is for an immediate start.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice