Robert Half are currently recruiting for a Project Accountant for globally recognised consultancy firm that specialises in providing services to the Chemical Engineering sector.
- Setting up of new projects with correct information.
- Review and adjust revenue recognised on accounting system to ensure revenue is reported as accurately as possible for fixed-price projects.
- Ensure Time & Material projects are continually updated to show accurate contract values and foretasted hours.
- Track milestones and liaise with project managers to ensure invoices are sent on time, that they are accurately raised, and that the customer is ready to accept the invoice. In addition, ensure contact information about clients is correct.
- Obtaining bid and performance bonds for projects.
- Collections: contact client one week after invoice is raised to confirm safe receipt of invoice and all is in order for on-time payment.
- Warn FD of potential collections problems and discuss routes to escalate.
- Post cash receipts when invoices paid.
- Reconcile AR balance on balance sheet with AR ageing report.
- Prepare month-end inter company invoices for posting.
- Management reporting of above areas including project performance, revenue recognised for the month-to-date, over dues and other KPI's.
- Work with FD for forecasting and budgeting.
- Month-end financial accounting including journal posting, updating balance sheet schedules, confirmation of accurate expenses recorded in P&L, control of unapplied cash account.
- Assist with the year-end audit and any other ad hoc requirements.
- 3-5 Years' experience within a finance position
- Proven Project Accounting experience
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA
Salary and Package
- £35000 -£40,000+ Study Support (AAT /CIMA/ACCA)
- Bank Station
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice