Personal Tax Manager - Top 20
AJ Chambers are recruiting for a Personal Tax Manager on behalf of a Top 20 practice in Peterborough to provide a wide range of advisory and compliance services to a highly engaging client base.
The ideal candidate should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients. This is a challenging and interesting role which provides a good range of work, for someone with a solid tax background wishing to build on their experience and help manage a successful and growing personal tax and trust team.
Recognised by the Top Employers Institute and Investors In People as one of the best firms in the country to work for, our client provides exemplary employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent at all levels and is always striving to improve and optimise its employment practice. This practice is one of the best environments in the country for your development, their approach is committed, caring and conscientious and a big emphasis is placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
As you can tell, this is an incredible opportunity for a driven and technically strong accountant to step up into a rewarding role which offers a high level of responsibility at a leading firm.
The position involves managing a portfolio of personal tax and trust clients, comprising of large family office groups, high net worth individuals and family trusts. The more junior members of the team will report to the manager, and the manager will be responsible for reviewing the work and developing the team, together with the manager peer group. The individual will be required to support the senior manager with the management of the team and processes.
Ongoing training will be provided, including the opportunity to attend the firm???s annual tax conference and to attend both internal and external training sessions.
The allocation of work includes: self-assessment tax returns for wealthy individuals, partnership and trusts; associated tax computations including CGT calculations on securities, chattels and property transactions; completion of estate tax returns; and all related and complex aspects of looking after the tax affairs of a variety of high net worth private clients. Specific experience of the following is highly desirable ??? trusts, partnerships, employment tax, accounts preparation, claims and elections and residence and domicile experience.
The Ideal Individual
- Will have gained relevant experience in a tax role in practice and must be proactive, driven with strong client handling, managerial and project management skills.
- Should already have had broad exposure to personal tax compliance but desire greater responsibility and an opportunity to demonstrate your flair for organisation by ensuring the smooth operation of a tax department???s compliance process; alternatively, you are running a portfolio of complex personal tax clients successfully but want to widen your technical skills and experience to include advisory projects. We will consider someone with mixed tax experience.
- Should also have had experience of effective delegation, reviewing the work of others and mentoring more junior staff to enable them to develop further.
- The firm uses CCH Central and Alphatax for the preparation of personal tax and corporation tax returns respectively and you will therefore need good knowledge of these or similar software packages in addition to strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills. You should also be comfortable with the use of Lexis-Nexis and other research resources and able to resolve routine technical queries that arise from the compliance process.
Education and experience
- Candidates will preferably be ATT or ACA/ACCA and CTA qualified or equivalent.
In this role you will report directly to the Senior Managers and Partners, you will be trained in managing staff and given every opportunity to progress within the firm to Director level and beyond.
As well as your annual salary, your overall remuneration includes a flexible benefits package, one of the first in the chartered accountancy sector, and one that is still highly-regarded thanks to continual improvements and upgrades.
- Flexible holiday entitlements
- A cycle-to-work facility
- Health screening
- Life insurance (up to three times your annual salary)
- Critical illness cover
- A contributory pension plan and childcare vouchers
- Other benefits may include an employee assistance helpline, as well as a range of discounts on things such as home insurance, gym and spa membership, global travel insurance, and a range of high street products.
On top of this, all members of staff are automatically enrolled into the profit-sharing scheme, which runs from October to September each year. It goes without saying that they also pay overtime, as well as awarding generous referral bonuses for colleagues able to source new clients or staff members.
For more information on this Personal Tax Manager role please either apply directly or contact Max Evans at AJ Chambers. If this role isn???t for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Personal Tax Manager - Peterborough
Apply for Personal Tax Manager - Top 20
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly