Audit Senior - Top 20
AJ Chambers are recruiting for an Audit Senior to a Top 20 practice in Peterborough to provide a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to a highly engaging client base.
The ideal candidate should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Recognised by the Top Employers Institute and Investors In People as one of the best firms in the country to work for, our client provides exemplary employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent at all levels and is always striving to improve and optimise its employment practice. This practice is one of the best environments in the country for your development, their approach is committed, caring and conscientious and a big emphasis is placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
As you can tell, this is an incredible opportunity for a driven and technically strong accountant to step up into a rewarding role which offers a high level of responsibility at a leading firm.
Your time will split approximately 50% on audit work and the remainder on offering other professional services such as accountancy, systems reviews, corporate tax and company secretarial work. Corporate staff and Partners advise businesses ranging from large multi-national corporations to small family companies, many of which are owned by wealthy individuals. In addition to commercial companies in service/manufacturing industries, you will work with professional partnerships, financial service companies and a significant number of not-for-profit organisations. The aim is to provide outstanding service in a professional and efficient manner tailored to give the client the benefit of exceptional advice and maximum added value.
The Ideal Individual
- Demonstrates a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm.
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm.
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm???s goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
- In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Education and Experience
- Applicants will be either ACA or ACCA qualified and good pass rates in the professional exams would also be expected.
- Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice or audit.
- Familiarity with electronic auditing packages and accounts preparation with CCH Accounts Production is an advantage.
In this role you will report directly to the Manager and Partners, you will be trained in managing staff and given every opportunity to progress within the firm to Director level and beyond.
As well as your annual salary, your overall remuneration includes a flexible benefits package, one of the first in the chartered accountancy sector, and one that is still highly-regarded thanks to continual improvements and upgrades.
- Flexible holiday entitlements
- A cycle-to-work facility
- Health screening
- Life insurance (up to three times your annual salary)
- Critical illness cover
- A contributory pension plan and childcare vouchers
Other benefits may include an employee assistance helpline, as well as a range of discounts on things such as home insurance, gym and spa membership, global travel insurance, and a range of high street products.
On top of this, all members of staff are automatically enrolled into the profit-sharing scheme, which runs from October to September each year. It goes without saying that they also pay overtime, as well as awarding generous referral bonuses for colleagues able to source new clients or staff members.
For more information on this Audit Senior role please either apply directly or contact Max Evans at AJ Chambers. If this role isn???t for you but you do possess many of the requirements, please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
Audit Senior - Peterborough
Apply for Audit Senior - Top 20
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly