2 days left
- Contract Type
Financial Controller - Cheltenham
Robert Half are working exclusively with a manufacturing SME near Cheltenham to recruit for a new Financial Controller. This opportunity presents itself as perfect for a senior accountant that enjoys being hands on, getting stuck into all avenues of a business and liaising closely with directors to ensure continuation of steady growth in the coming years.
- Manage the budgeting/forecasting processes, ensuring all are in place and reported against on a monthly basis
- Production of statutory accounts for year-end filing
- Creation of P&Ls with analysis for senior stakeholders
- Ensuring the balance sheet is giving an accurate display of all business dealings
- To produce monthly management accounts showing: performance against budget, balance sheet and key performance indicators
- Completion of VAT figures and documents in-line with the timescales agreed with the Inland Revenue.
- Overseeing all aspects of the monthly payroll
- Responsible for bank reconciliations
- Be proactive in taking on ad-hoc projects where necessary
- Evaluation of company financial controls to continually improve efficiency
- Occasional visits to distribution sites acting as finance business partner to the wider business
- Ensure compliance with all financial, regulatory and PCI requirements
- Keeping up to date and the business on track from a GDPR perspective
- Be an efficient user of ERP accounting systems and Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables)
The ideal candidate for Financial Controller will be either ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or qualified by experience. Being a strong communicator is essential, able to influence and articulate Finance terminology into layman's terms for the wider business. Experience in various SME manufacturing setups would be advantageous, but not essential. This position would suit a dedicated, hardworking Finance professional that's happy to be involved in wider areas of the company where needed.
Salary & Benefits
£45,000 - £50,000 + benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly