Accounts Assistant / Finance Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Pendeford Business Park, Overstrand, Wolverhampton
Salary: Basic: £20,000
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday: 8.00 - 16.00 or 9.00 - 17.00 as required
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most dynamic and largest Insurance Brokers in the Midlands, based in Wolverhampton.
We are currently looking to fill an existing vacancy within our Accounts department.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of working previously within the financial sector and within an accounts role, whilst demonstrating the ability to work at ease in a fast paced and busy environment.
Working within the Insurance industry is desirable.
- To assist with administration duties, inclusive of working with the daily accounts diaries, dealing with client refunds and payment plans
- Processing the weekly finance reports in line with appropriate timescales
- Maintenance of debt diary, processing and issuing first debt response letter and thereafter escalating matters over to the Collections Department
- Weekly reconciliation of Finance payments
- Overseeing client money transfers between two systems
- Weekly/monthly review of outstanding client balances with escalation to external debt collection agencies
- Reconciliation of payments received via external debt collection agencies
- Weekly review of insurer aged creditors
- Assisting with insurer reconciliations for monthly payments
- Weekly review of outstanding client balances
- To work closely with other departments and Managers in achieving the department and business objectives.
- To create and maintain effective working relationships with your line manager, colleagues and teams.
- Minimum 5 GCSE's grade A to D; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Two years of job related experience preferably in a similar role within the financial sector
Knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Experience of working in a Finance/Accounting environment is essential (preferably larger business)
- Knowledge of Insurance or specifically Personal Lines Insurance Broking is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of using Microsoft Office products is essential in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Essential knowledge of SAGE accounts system
- Desirable OGI or SSP is an advantage.
- Analytically and numerically minded.
- Good organisational skills.
- Flexible and approachable.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Access to Parking Facilities
- Flexible Benefits
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, AAT Qualified, AAT Part Qualified, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Finance Admin, Bookkeeping, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger may also be considered for the role