1 day left
- Contract Type
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are working closely with a top 20 Legal firm who are looking for a tax accountant on a 12 month basis.
- Preparing the taxable profit allocation schedules for the partner's UK tax filings, tax calculations and estimates of payments.
- Liaising with external advisers and HMRC, in order to provide information for inclusion on personal tax returns and dealing with partner queries.
- Responsible for the UK composite tax return filing for non-UK resident partners (and individual returns where required) including coordination of tax payments and liaising with HMRC to manage tax liabilities and payments.
- Discussing with individual partners their UK tax affairs.
- Liaising with partners' pension advisers, including (where relevant) the provision of partner earnings to gain optimal relief.
- Involvement in annual budgeting process including tax payment cash flow calculations.
- Involvement in year end work processes, including the calculation of the UK tax reserve figures and the UK tax reliefs.
- Ongoing management of the partners' UK tax reserves including allocation of payments, reconciliation and subsequent clear-out.
- Preparation of the annual PAYE Settlement Agreement
- Preparation and review of the finance related aspects of partner contracts including expatriate assignments and re locations, new partners (including lateral hires) and retiring partners.
- Responsible for the process for retiring partners including the preparation of retirement calculations, retired partner cash flow projections and managing exit payments including the associated bookkeeping.
- Involvement in other ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, commitment to "getting the job done".
- Excellent bookkeeping skills.
- Able to work effectively using own initiative and as part of a team and contribute to the development of more junior staff.
- Strong numeracy and IT skills, including knowledge of Windows, Excel, and Word and the ability to adapt to using unfamiliar software packages. Particular emphasis is placed on experience of Excel.
- Strong time management skills - ability to multi-task, prioritise, manage and critically review large volumes of data.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to provide a high level of 'client service'.
Salary & Benefits
The role will intially be 12 months and pay up to £55K
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice
Apply for Tax Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly