Graduate Trainee Accountant
Acting as a member of the year-end Finance team contributing to the operational support and administration of nominated Funds during the year end reporting period. Supporting the current finance team during the busiest time of the year, the key responsibilities will include the preparation of Trial Balances and posting journal entries for the purpose of preparing the year-end financial statements.
- Timely and accurate processing of transactions in across designated Fund entities
- Running of VAT reports on a monthly basis
- Processing and posting of Fund related purchase invoices and payments
- Annual Fees invoices are raised, posted and cash flowed
- Assist in the preparation of year-end statutory financial statements
- Preparation of financial analysis to feed into decision support projects
- Seek to identify efficient methods and make suggestions for improvements.
- Raise issues upon discovery to line manager and suggest solution.
- Document and share best practice for specific processes across the broader team
- Investor and Fund related queries from Client Services teams
- Fund related queries from other departments in the business
To be considered for this role within an Investment Management firm based in the West End you should meet the following criteria:
- A recent graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 degree in a subject that demonstrates numeracy
- Strong A-Levels; ideally BBB and higher
- Have a minimum of 8 months experience within a finance function
- Have a solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Have an interest in studying ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Possess a pragmatic and analytical approach to numbers
NOTE: Please do not apply to this role if you do not meet the above criteria
This privately held company specialise in providing tax-efficient products and portfolios. Some of their specialty areas include; Renewable Energy; Real Estate; Bridging Finance; Operating Hotels and more.
Salary & Benefits:-
The successful Graduate Trainee Accountant working for this Investment Management firm based in Soho will be offered approximately £26-28,000 plus an excellent benefits package including study support.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice