Robert Half Finance & Accountancy are pleased to be supporting our client on the recruitment of a newly created Accounting Manager role, this is a number one in finance role in an growing SME business and you will manage one person and have a broad responsibility for all of finance and support the directors in running the business.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for:
- To take full responsibility for the performance management of the accounts team in order to ensure that quality and deadlines are achieved and maintained and that any issues are managed in line with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Responsibility for reviewing the company profit & loss account and relevant sections of the Balance Sheet to ensure they are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis, and to provide supplementary reporting, analysis and support to all budget holders and the Executive team.
- Preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- To ensure the provision of timely and valuable management and operational information across the businesses, maintaining and expanding a range of reports in order to assist budget holders in the effective management of their costs and revenue targets.
- To implement improvements of Finance processes (including profit and loss reporting and month-end process, reporting and analysis, etc.) and systems in order to achieve an effective and efficient way of working.
- Full review and submission of management accounts, reports and VAT returns, ensuring technical accuracy and any anomalies investigated and resolved
- Overseeing and checking all intrastat and EC sales submissions and ensuring submissions are in-line with VAT returns.
We are looking for a fully qualified (ACCA of CIMA) accountant who has strong experience of management accounting, analysis, management reporting, who wants to work in an SME and who can build controls, processes ad procedures and support the directors in driving the business forward.
Our client are a successful and growing Retail and Wholesale business with UK and International operations.
Salary & Benefits
Our client are offering a base salary of circa £45,000 - £55,000 plus package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice