- Contract Type
Our client, based near St Albans, are currently seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their busy, successful team. They are seeking an individual with strong and experienced knowledge of Rebate Accounting / Credit Control, a strong understanding of customer rebate deals, rebate earnings, and quarterly rebates earned. In this role you will actively contribute to increase the profitability of the group.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Check Rebate deals are calculating accurately.
- Calculate the rebate earnings for the company.
- Accurate Quarterly reporting on rebates earned, and rebates owed.
- Calculate rebate earnings by customer and by Branch Level.
- Generate Accruals based on Cost of Sales.
- Chase suppliers for rebate data, and funds owed.
- Raise Debit Notes to suppliers.
- Allocate rebates received.
- Work closely with Buying department.
- Managing the JIF Fund/ Marketing Income.
Our client are ideally seeking a bright, intelligent individual with drive and the ability to thrive in this role. We are seeking an Accountant with experience and a practical knowledge of rebate or sales discounting deals which is common in Retail, FMCG & Wholesale sectors. The successful candidate is likely to be part qualified ACCA or CIMA.
The company itself are a leading business who pride themselves on being a professional, knowledgeable, responsive and a friendly independent specialist in what they do.
Salary & Benefits
For this role you will be re-numerated with a highly competitive salary
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice