European SOX & Compliance Expert
European SOX & Financial Compliance Expert – Bracknell – Permanent
The European SOX and Compliance Expert role sits within the European Corporate Audit department of this global company. The purpose of Corporate Audit is to support the group CEO, by providing independent objective assurance of the adequacy of control, including SOX and the management of risk within the European division and subsidiary companies in the region.
- Plan, deliver and report in-sourcing of SOX activities (Entity Level Controls – (ELC) and Process level Controls (PLC)), ensuring continued successful compliance
- Key subject matter expert for financial compliance on European reformation projects
- Work with divisional Legal and Risk department with regard to coordination of SOX activities with Corporate Governance activity
- Support the Corporate Audit team where necessary on specific activities
- Ad hoc financial compliance and consultancy across the business as required.
- Based on instructions from global HQ, design and execute the program for the European region to enable the ‘management assessment of internal controls over financial reporting of in scope Group companies’ in accordance with section 404 Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 for the financial year.
- Day to day coordination of SOX activities for in scope locations including liaising with local management, consultants, external auditors and undertaking detailed controls testing in cooperation with the Corporate Audit department.
- Provide opinion and draft reports on the completeness, appropriateness, operating effectiveness and design of the company’s internal controls to allow management to conclude on compliance with SOX and financial statements.
- Evaluate and provide opinions and/or draft reports assessing efficiency of processes and controls and make recommendations to standardise, simplify, and optimise the control environment.
- Provide guidance and opinion to project teams in relation to matters of financial Compliance.
- Managing and ensure adherence to compliance deadlines set by HQ.
- Assist training of the local organization on maintaining compliance with SOX and AEO
- Communication – with local management and European senior management and external stakeholders.
- Identify and consider how to deliver any SOX training requirements.
- Technical support and training to local management to maintain and enhance the quality of the financial compliance.
- Drive continuous improvement of SOX & Financial compliance activities by ensuring reduction in external SOX findings.
- Work with minimal supervision completing work under tight deadlines.
European travel will be required. In return you will receive a salary of £46-48,000 plus excellent benefits.
Apply for European SOX & Compliance Expert
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly