Robert Half are currently recruiting for an Interim Investment Accountant with strong technical investment reporting knowledge for a large Financial Services Business based in central Bristol.
Core Purpose of the Role:
To provide technical ownership, knowledge and guidance for functional and/or technical aspects of investment reporting through IA ledgers and the Data Warehouse reporting solutions.
To be the local SME for governance requirements and MI strategies ensuring that IA Reporting are compliant with requirements and managing and reporting risk appropriately. Scope includes Solvency II, IFRS, PRA, SOX and TAS.
- Responsible for managing the month end, quarter end and year end investment reporting plans, including ownership of SLAs with suppliers and customers.
- To provide technical investment accounting input into change strategies and projects.
- Oversight of investment accounting processes and controls including oversight of services provided by external third parties.
- Technical oversight, review and sign off of investment reporting schedules prepared for statutory and regulatory purposes.
- Responsible for delivery of periodic reports to internal control/governance forums (e.g. risk, liquidity, Solvency II compliance etc).
- Monitor and govern the manual processes and EUCs this exist within IA Reporting to ensure that such processes are robust and that they are properly documented, logged and controlled.
- Deal with ad hoc queries from the Finance teams and auditors relating to investment accounting.
- Continuous improvement of processes and controls, ensuring adoption of best practice and making best use of IT solutions such as the Asset Data Warehouse.
- Qualified accountant or experienced manager with good technical knowledge of Investment Accounting, including knowledge of investment administration practices, investment instruments and their characteristics, investment accounting practice, financial reporting principles and unit pricing.
- Strong relationship management skills. Able to deal effectively with key contacts across all business areas, both internally and externally.
- Able to accurately estimate and plan allocated work and report progress against agreed schedules and tolerances to senior managers and stakeholders.
- Understanding of importance of risk management. Ability to manage risks effectively.
- Good communication skills, ability to influence a varied audience, and to provide clear and unambiguous presentation of the facts.
- Experience in MI delivery to the business, focusing on the use of appropriate and effective reporting tools.
- Experience of Solvency II governance requirements
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Experience of data warehouse solutions and/or exposure to multiple data source environments desirable.
- Good understanding of standard data models and schemes.
- Good working knowledge of finance systems and technology
Salary & Benefits
If you're looking for your next step into Financial Services contracting please feel free to get in touch direct on 0117 9935400 or email
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice