A new and exciting opportunity with a well established modern UK university
Work for one of the top 10 modern universities in the UK that has and continues to play a crucial role in the higher education for over a 150 years by focusing on offering a diverse range of courses for their students. They are currently looking for a finance manager who is organised and enthusiastic about contributing to the business planning process to help them achieve their vision. In a transforming industry they are seeking the best candidates to support them in successfully implementing new business processes that align with their strategy.
- Working closely with the Heads of Schools and Corporate Services to produce and manage budgets
- Supporting Deputy Chief Officer to produce monthly management accounts for the university.
- Actively contribute to the business planning process to ensure they are in line with strategic objectives of the designated Heads of Schools and Corporate Services.
- Monitor performance using KPIs and effectively report data to Heads of Schools
- Ensure reconciliations of Income and balance sheets
- Support the preparation of financial statements for the university and relevant subsidiaries.
- Coordinate the timely submission to HEFCE annually.
- Qualified Chartered or Certified Accountant
- Significant experience in a medium to large organisation
- Experience in preparing financial plans and budgets and ability to monitor performance and variances against these budgets.
- Experience in financial forecasting and preparation of business cases
- Ability to manage staff
- Good communication skills with both finance and non-finance managers
- Three years of post-qualification work experience
- Ability to communicate with external auditors
- Good report writing skills
- £46 - £51k
- 30 day annual leave
- Generous Benefits Package