Senior Accountant - Hatfield
A growing firm based in Hatfield are looking for an Accounts Senior, this firm.
In this role you will be responsible for the accurate preparation of accountancy and audit work unsupervised and providing effective support for management.
- Audit planning, review and detailed audit work on complicated areas.
- Dealing with complex accounting issues as required.
- Ensuring the audit and accounts file is complete and ready for review by Manager or direct by Partner as required.
- Preparation of management accounts on larger clients.
- Review of assistant team members??? work, identifying training needs, and providing both positive and constructive feedback.
- To follow Practice procedures including but not exclusive to budgets, accounts preparation processes, workplan and Digita trackers.
- Providing effective support for both Partner and Manager by taking on additional tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Commercially aware in terms of undertaking tasks and preparing accounts and audit in a cost-effective manner
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and liaising with the tax department as necessary on complicated or unusual adjustments.
- Managing assistant team members by delegating work to the appropriate support member, and training and developing other team members in a supportive manner.
- To carry out any other duty which may be required in line with business requirements.
- To adhere to the Firm???s Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Good communication skills, as the job involves plenty of client and staff contact
- Good knowledge of interpreting Accounts and Audit regulations
- IT literacy and solid accounting skills are a given
- Good writing skills in respect of accounts reports and other documents generated for clients and internal purposes
- A finalist with ACCA or ACA or recently qualified with at least 4+ years Practice Experience.
If this role is of interest, please apply or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers.