Interim Head of Finance and Resources
The role will involve full financial and strategic control over the school and the associated charity. This sits alongside responsibilities in HR and Premises.
Our client opened in 1929, with the aim of providing Jewish children with a first class Jewish and secular education. In 1936, the girl's school opened and both schools absorbed refugees from Europe whilst continuing to provide education and stability for the children during these challenging times. In 1984, both schools joined but retained their sites.
Our client is consistently rated as one of the most academically successful schools in the country.
Our client is an outstanding school with students who engage in their learning and enjoy being intellectually challenged. We require all our staff to respect the ethos of our Jewish school and are delighted to consider applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
The school is a thriving community with a nursery on site for staff. A privately run childcare facility is available on site for children aged 0-4. The nursery offers places at a competitive price with additional discounts for staff. The facility accepts the government's childcare vouchers.
Accounting and Reporting for the School
- Ensuring all financial reporting and analysis is both accurate and provided on a timely basis
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs to both the Executive Headteacher and Governing body
- Preparation of the annual budget, including obtaining buy-in from relevant department heads whilst managing the sign off process
- Preparation and submission of all information to government agencies regarding school funding
- Oversight of all cash management within the school, including but not limited to preparation of regular cash flow forecasts along with early foresight of any potential funding gaps
- Managing the SAGE accounting system, ensuring all data input by the team is both timely and accurate
- Managing all procurement across the school ensuring both compliance with policy and value for money is achieved at all times
- Management of all payment processing, including staff expense and mileage claims
- Oversight of all projects across the school (from school outings to building works) ensuring they are properly budgeted, planned and controlled from a financial perspective.
Finance Control for the Hasmonean Charity
- Supervise the processes and procedures to engage with parents about voluntary contributions to support the charity and the school
- Provide governors with an update on voluntary contribution levels against targets along with input into where governor focus is required to assist as necessary
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of school Gift Aid claims
- Supervise the preparation of regular accounts for the charity and provide advice as to the grants that the charity can make to the school
- Liaise with the Fundraising committee of the charity to be able to provide process and procedures for accounting and reporting for charity fundraising activities.
- Liaise closely with the HR manager to ensure all aspect of HR management (contracts, agreements etc.) are up to date, in line with school policy and accurate
- Manage all elements of payroll including timely submission of data to the local authority for processing and payment to staff
- Ensure that the school is a secure and safe environment at all times for staff and pupils, and that health and safety legislation is adhered to
- Effectively manage the site teams including the cleaning services
The successful candidate will;
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Managing; strategic financial plans, budgets, financial reporting, procurement and fixed assets,
- Managing change projects, teams, HR, H & S
- Deliver services and systems applicable for effective school management and able to deliver value for money initiatives
- Able to understand national & regional educational services and deliver appropriate strategies
- Able to lead teams and individuals
- Able to strategically influence decision making within the school
- Able to use a range of ICT packages
A package between £300-400/day dependent on experience.