Commercial Finance Manager
The Commercial Finance Manager will work as as part of the Commercial Finance Team, acting as a business partner to the senior Commercial operations team
A leading FMCG organisation in Scarborough
Working as part of the Commercial Finance Team, the interim Finance Manager will act as a partner to the senior Commercial operations team, providing key business support to manage and control financial risk and to develop and implement opportunities. Producing relevant financial business intelligence including routine reports and ad hoc analysis as required, and providing rigorous financial assessment of customer facing investment to ensure optimum returns for the business
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To support and advise the Director and Controllers where required to improve the commercial return of the function.
- Responsibility of the Commercial Finance Team ensuring that it meets financial and auditory requirements, holding regular balance sheet reviews with the Commercial Financial Controller , responsible for minimising customer audit claims , outstanding claims are kept to a minimum ensuring that they meet working capital targets.
- Responsible for the pricing to ensure it is as per customer trading agreements/joint business plans, also ensuring that they have a robust pricing procedure in place that is adhered to.
- To provide thorough analysis and review at a customer and channel level of the commercial plans and results against internal metrics with conclusions and actions required to ensure performance is on track as part of a monthly financial report
- To review, assess and report weekly on risks and opportunities by channel with actions required to mitigate risks
- To provide strategic direction on improving the commercial return for the function
- To provide commercial support for validating and assessing the effectiveness of customer facing investment.
- To validate bespoke and new product development P&L proposals ahead of submission to the functional Director.
- To provide development and support to elevate the commercial and financial acumen of the Sales Team.
The Commercial Finance Manager role requires an experienced finance professional with a strong commercial accounting background. You must be/have:
- Extensive previous commercial accountancy / business partnering experience
- Skilled at working effectively with internal customers and stakeholders
- Experience of working within a commercial function in a fast paced business, ideally FMCG or similar
- Professional Accountancy Qualification ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of analysing and reporting on financial performance
- Experience of implementing effective financial controls
£50-55,000 plus Car Allowance
6 month contract
Commercial Finance Manager role