Personal Tax Manager
Personal Tax Manager
Reporting directly to the Tax Partner/Director, you will assume the responsibility for running the Tax department in a reliable, professional and commercial manner, and for the management of staff
including performance and absence management. You will be working with and advising a portfolio of private clients on personal tax matters relating primarily to income tax and capital gains. The role is primarily managing a portfolio of clients and supervising the personal tax team but you would be expected to assist the Tax Partner on ad hoc projects and planning matters.
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Assisting the Director and Partners with the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Maintaining a portfolio of private clients, ensuring that all aspects of their affairs are dealt with accurately and timely.
- Assisting clients with their wider tax compliance obligations
- Ensure all personal and departmental targets are met or exceeded
- Proactive marketing and generation of new work i.e. seek out new work from clients, partners and staff in both offices and market services of tax teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
- CTA qualified
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Experience of dealing confidently with a variety of personal clients
- An outgoing approach with the ability to build strong relationships both internally and with clients
- Flexible approach during busy periods
- Some experience in dealing with Inheritance Tax and Trust issues.
- 25 days??? holiday plus bank and public holidays
- Life Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Payment of one Professional Subscription
- Onsite car parking