Associate Director of Finance and Commercial
- Contract Type
Ofqual regulates qualifications, exams and assessments in England. We’re here to secure the standards of qualifications, to promote confidence in them and to ensure that the system works well – that standards are maintained
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced finance professional to provide financial leadership to Ofqual, encompassing medium-term financial planning, performance, financial and management accountancy, commercial and procurement, financial control, corporate governance and financial risk management.
Responsibilities include: -
- Provide Financial leadership for the organisation, providing accurate, timely and relevant financial advice to senior management, supporting business planning, and decision making.
- Ensure financial control and value for money, working with colleagues at all levels of the organisation to ensure that Ofqual manages its finances with appropriate controls.
- Delivering Ofqual’s Finance strategy ensuring that financial plans are in place to support directorates to achieve Ofqual’s strategic aims and objectives.
- Ensure all external financial reporting requirements are delivered in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Lead and develop the Finance team into a high performance customer focussed team.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve processes and procedures to ensure service delivery standards for internal and external clients are met.
- Develop and maintain appropriate commercial and procurement strategies.
- Coordinating the internal audit programme to enable appropriate governance, efficiency and effectiveness.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified self-starter capable of juggling competing priorities, with a minimum 5 years post-qualification experience, including experience in a similar role.
You will have significant experience of both financial and management accounting, and have demonstrable experience of challenging and supporting senior management, positioning Finance as a valuable partner to the organisation.
You will have strong communications skills, with the stature and credibility to influence at all levels of the organisation.
You will have a proven ability to be an effective people manager, leading by example to motivate, inspire and develop staff and manage performance.