Commercial Financial Controller
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a Commercial Financial Controller for a global retail business with headquarters based in Northamptonshire.
In the position of Commercial Financial Controller you work directly with the Managing Director and Regional Directors partnering the business, building relationships and educating wider stakeholder teams to understand performance, reporting and highlighting trends in order meet business budget plans. Other key duties to include:
- Supporting the Managing Director and Regional Managing Directors in identifying opportunities to improve business performance, providing support as necessary to deliver those enhancements or savings. Additionally, provide support in the development of business opportunities, adding financial and commercial knowledge to discussions as appropriate.
- Provide commercial support to the Managing Director and Business Development teams in tendering for new business opportunities and contract renewals.
- Attend monthly finance reviews with the management team to support operations in review and interpretation of key financial and activity based information across the business. Make recommendations for improvements to drive commercial benefits.
- Review and provide input for the preparation of financial and activity based information across the business, e.g. budgets, forecasts, management accounts and bench marking.
- Prepare business plans and undertake commercial evaluation of new opportunities and development plans for existing projects in conjunction with operations.
- The successful candidate will need to have previous commercial finance skills supporting senior stakeholders
- Ability to work within a complex business
- Qualified Accountant either ACCA / CIMA / ACA
- Ability to translate ideas into solutions
- Expanding business looking to drive business performance and improve on current strategies.
- Excellent opportunity for someone to personally add value to a business and see a natural growth towards their career development.
Salary & Benefits
£50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice