Finance Manager - Retail Distribution
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnering with a Retail Distribution client who are looking to appoint a Finance Manager based in Luton, Bedfordshire.
In the position of Finance Manager Luton you will act as sole responsibility for all UK and European day to day financial controls in line with Group standards. Other key duties to include:
- Manages the financial planning process for the UK and German business segment including all budgeting and forecasting responsibility with the creation and operation of financial models cantered on financial variance and risk return analysis to facilitate decision-making and drive profitability
- Oversee the financial operation of the subsidiary including month end close, external (IFRS) and internal (US GAAP) reporting and analysis and statutory audit and regulatory inspections.
- Collaborate with New York and Atlanta shared service functions to process accounts receivables and payable.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and insight on UK/Germany Business in support of Monthly Business Review meetings in the US
- Partners with New York Planning, Operations, and Merchandising teams and other business partners to support key growth strategies and to ensure capture of impact in economic forecasts, budgets and actual results
- Work closely with Senior Manager Financial Control and Senior Manager FP&A in New York on all UK and Germany business development activities (e.g. M&A, joint ventures, contract renewals, etc.).
- Partner seamlessly with Corporate Control, Planning and Investor relations teams; collaborate broadly with peers to embed financial rigor into key business processes. Ensure adequate processes and systems of internal controls in place and continuous enhancement in compliance.
- Develop, maintain and operate periodic finance models.
- Collaborate with the wider organisation on stock duty deferments and allocations
- Coordinate with the parent company on finance related areas.
Specific functional responsibilities to include:
- Month end financial close and annual statutory audits
- Work with the external auditing team on annual audit requirements
- Support preparation of tax deliverables in conjunction with US based Tax Team
- Ownership and completion of the UK/Germany 5 year plan, annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Provide analysis of and Bookings/Sales/Margin/Expense/Operating Income Projection
- Provide monthly financial update to UK team and New York teams
- Participate in weekly Finance Calls with the US team
- Management Report Preparation/Board and Leadership Team Presentation Supports
The successful candidate will need to be a Qualified Accountant either ACA/ACCA/CIMA
Ideally previous retail, inventory or retail experience
Ability to present detailed budgeting to board level
Strong awareness of UK accounting practices
Excellent communication skills
Part of an established US retail brand whom are growing their market presence within the UK and Europe and in a period of rapid growth. Excellent opportunity for someone to be part of this journey with attached organic career development along with the opportunity to grow/ recruit a team within finance.
Salary & Benefits
£60,000 - £65,000 plus benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice