Senior Client Accountant
My client is an international business based in prestigious offices in Birmingham City Centre within easy walking distance of New St, Moor St and Snowhill stations. As a result of recent business wins the team is growing and they are currently looking to make an appointment to support one of their Associate Directors.
You will be capable of leading a team of client accountants who provide accounting services to their corporate clients as well delivering project based work.
- Ensuring that all client and property accounting services are delivered to a consistently high standard and to the service levels required by the client
- Completing service charge reconciliations within (typically) three months of period end
- Supervising the work of Client Reporting Accountants and Reporting Analysts, ensuring tasks are completed accurately and proficiently
- Monitoring funding levels and initiating payments to clients and/or funding requests from clients to ensure appropriate funding levels are maintained
- Co-ordinating work of the team and resolving all queries arising from the financial management of the portfolio.
- Act as the principal contact point for clients, surveyors, and other relevant parties on all aspects of accounting service delivery for a designated portfolio of properties
- Attend client meetings as required and work with clients to understand their needs, interpret requirements and respond as appropriate
- Assist in internal and external audits of financial information, procedures and controls
- Work with the Associate Director (Client Reporting) and other members of Client Finance to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and control of client accounting and reporting operations
- Either part qualified / newly qualified or QBE
- Strong financial accounting awareness with good knowledge of a transactional or shared service style operating environment.
- Experience of legal / real estate / facilities management business or working for a client with substantial property interests.
- Knowledge of client accounting.
- Strong communication skills and an effective people manager.
- Good Excel skills ideally coupled with experience of industry related software.
- Starting salary of £36 -45,000 dependent on experience
- Bonus scheme and company pension
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays with an option to purchase additional days
- Prestigious city centre office location
- Culture of internal development and promotion.
For further details and to register an interest in this role then please forward an up to date CV for immediate consideration.
More searches like this
- Accountant Property / Housing / Real Estate Qualified by Experience jobs in Birmingham
- Finance Manager Property / Housing / Real Estate Qualified by Experience jobs in Birmingham
- Financial Accountant Property / Housing / Real Estate Qualified by Experience jobs in Birmingham
- Management Accountant Property / Housing / Real Estate Qualified by Experience jobs in Birmingham
- Financial Reporting Property / Housing / Real Estate Qualified by Experience jobs in Birmingham