Accountancy firm in London
Opportunity to work for a 6 Equity Partner firm with a growing staff of 45. Our client is looking for a talented bookkeeper to manage a wide range of clients bookkeeping requirements. You will be responsible for managing the bookkeeping and VAT work for a portfolio of Clients, to make sure VAT Returns/EC Sales list are filled with HMRC on time. You will also be required to assist the audit team with their queries during the preparation of the year end accounts. The role is mainly office based but will include some travel to clients premises. But most of the clients are London based.
The bookkeepers will report to the Partners of firm.
- Maintenance of a portfolio of approximately 60 clients
- Sales, purchases and nominal ledger management
- Inter-Company transactions / recharges / reconciliation
- Petty cash and expenses management
- Reconciling bank and credit card statements
- Dealing with currency / international payments and claims
- Review debtors / creditors for old or negative balances and adjust as necessary
- VAT reconciliation
- Wages transactions and reconciliation of salaries and wages control accounts
- Preparation and filing of clients' VAT Returns and EC Sales Lists from the accounting records supplied
- Working with flat rate schemes and margin schemes
- Producing financial reports and management information
- Liaison with Auditors regarding year end statutory accounts
- Carrying out assignments to agreed timetable and budget
- Ensuring that each bookkeeping file has completed and up to date "VAT Notes" at the front of the file
- Keep up to date with relevant technical material
It is expected that the Bookkeeper will have the following:-
- At least 1-2 years' experience as a bookkeeper
- Good knowledge of Sage Line 50 or equivalent software such as Xero, CCH Central, Quickbooks, etc.
- Competence in basic computer programmes, in particular Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Solid working knowledge of debits and credits in an accounting framework
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills - ability to develop effective relationships with team members and clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a professional manner
- Self-confidence (in particular when dealing with clients by telephone or in person)
- Good time management, organisational and planning skills - ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines