Finance & Administration Assistant
A newly created role for an individual who is looking for an opportunity to build on existing bookkeeping and administration skills, support a growing organisation and be part of a small and dynamic team at the heart of global sustainability.
About the Business and the Role
Bonsucro is a not for profit organisation comprised of over 500 members from across the global sugar supply chain - farmers, millers, retailers, end buyers of sugar and sugarcane by-products, agri-business and civil society groups. We manage the most credible global performance framework for sustainable sugarcane production. We use this to inform, improve and inspire a membership community of change.
The Finance and Administration Assistant role is core to Bonsucro´s operations and will be based at the central office in London.
Reporting to the Finance and Risk Manager, you will provide pivotal support across the areas of finance, administration, payroll and basic accounts management, as well as supporting the CEO and teams with other administrative requirements as needed. While the key focus of this role will be on finance activities, the position offers a diverse range of responsibilities, including maintaining and improving the effective functioning of the London office space and supporting the organisation of logistics in regard to meetings, workshops and team-building events. As such, the role will offer good opportunities for development and growth.
As ideal candidate, you are confident and communicative with experience in bookkeeping and use of finance systems, as well as general office procedures. You have a proactive and positive approach to work and demonstrate a keen eye for detail and accuracy. Extremely well-organised, you are able to juggle a variety of tasks while sticking to deadlines. You are also adaptable and responsive when it comes to dealing with requests from colleagues and are comfortable providing administrative support. The role would suit someone with an interest in sustainability who thrives on taking ownership over processes.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Finance Support (approx. 60%)
- Own the operation of Bonsucro’s bookkeeping, ensuring that accounting records are accurate and up to date
- Posting of all sales and supplier invoices to the accounts software
- Processing of expenses claims
- Creation and posting of month end accounting journals
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations for all our business bank accounts, including our foreign currency accounts
- Credit control: assist with the production of debtors reports and aged debt recovery
- Payroll: carry out monthly payroll processes (both in the UK and the overseas territories in which we operate) and ensure appropriate filings are made with the relevant tax authorities
- Provide additional support as required to the Finance & Risk Manager, including assisting with preparation of the monthly Management accounts, VAT returns, statutory accounts and annual planning and budget setting process
- Support the Membership Manager and wider team in handling of membership enquiries and administrative tasks
Office Management and Administration (approx. 40%)
- Proactively support the implementation and improvement of Bonsucro’s internal administrative policies and operations
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and teams
- Assist in the effective functioning of the London office space, ensuring it is a fit for purpose work environment.
- Management of the annual leave system
- Handling of the logistics and minute taking for Board and Finance & Risk Committee meetings
- Working knowledge of accountancy/bookkeeping principles and software
- 2+ years prior experience in a finance or bookkeeping role, ideally in a not for profit or professional service environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise
- A high level of attention to detail
- A proactive approach to work and confidence in working independently
- IT proficiency and experience in using a range of applications, including Excel, CRM systems, Skype, virtual meeting software, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively work with others, including remotely based colleagues
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable in a global setting and communicating with remotely based colleagues
- AAT Advanced certificate in Bookkeeping (or equivalent).
- Relevant qualification in business administration and/or office management
- Ability to speak multiple languages especially Latin American Spanish and Portuguese
Please email your CV along with a statement explaining how you feel you can meet the requirements of this role . The deadline for applications is 28 September 2018. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Finance and Risk Manager
£25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits
As soon as possible
Full Time (35 hours per week)