Assistant Finance Officer/Finance Officer (Interim - 12 months minimum)
The Valuation Tribunal Service (VTS) is a statutory, non-departmental public body (NDPB), sponsored by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, with responsibility for the administration of Council Tax and Non-Domestic Rating appeals. What we do and how we do it has an impact on the multi-million pound income the Government brings in from local property taxation to support other public services.
We are looking for an Assistant Finance Officer OR Finance Officer (job title and pay grade is dependent on qualifications and experience) to join our small but busy finance team in the VTS Head Office. This job offers great exposure to a range of finance related work. You will report to our Financial Controller and on a day-to-day basis you will work closely with our other Finance Officer and our Finance Assistants. Depending upon your appointment level, you may be expected to provide some direction for the Finance Assistants.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- assisting the Financial Controller with preparation of annual and quarterly accounts;
- assisting with the preparation and analysis of management accounting information including budget management reporting;
- producing monthly and year-end audit files;
- payroll reconciliation and administration.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience of a range of finance responsibilities, preferably gained within the public sector. Knowledge of the work involved in central government financing and specifically within an NDPB would be a positive advantage. We believe that this position will suit candidates who are fully or part-qualified with a recognised accountancy body, but we may exceptionally consider candidates with significant levels of qualification by experience. This position would also suit an individual with knowledge of SAP accounting. You are likely to have excellent Excel skills - at an intermediate or advanced level - as working with spreadsheets is a prime requirement of the role.
To apply for this role, please follow the link to our Civil Service Jobs advertisement where you will find the application pack, which includes the application form and Diversity Monitoring Questionnaire. You should complete these forms and return it to us via email at: email@example.com by no later than 5pm Friday 21 September 2018.
The VTS is keen that its workforce should represent the communities it serves and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds
More searches like this
- Financial Accountant Public sector / NGO Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)
- Management Accountant Public sector / NGO Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)
- Assistant Accountant Public sector / NGO Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Planning & Analysis Public sector / NGO Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Reporting Public sector / NGO Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Central)