Robert Half Finance and Accounting are recruiting for a permanent Accountant based in Cwmbran for a renowned manufacturing business.
This position will be responsible for implementing accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance to local GAAP, US GAAP and company policies. The Accountant is responsible in completing work in a timely and accurate manner and that internal controls are functioning properly and adhered to. This position will work closely with all levels at multiple locations to ensure processes are robust for data capture. As such there will be an element of overseas travel associated within this role.
* The Accountant has responsibility for all areas related to financial reporting as directed
* Ensure overall general ledger integrity.
* Coordinate accurate and timely month-end activities.
* Implement best practices.
* Coordinate SOX, Internal, and External audit engagements.
* Initiate, recommend or provide SOX/audit remediation solutions through designated channels.
* Verify the implementation of SOX/audit remediation solutions.
* Timely and accurate submission of annual Corporate and Tax reporting requirements.
* Reviews, monitors and controls monthly and quarterly balance sheet reviews.
* Publish meeting minutes and action items resulting from review.
* Work in concert with European Accounting Staff to standardise best practices across all European sites.
* Assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements for various UK statutory entities.
* Coordinate balance sheet forecasting.
* Monitor and analyse department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
* Creates Change/Relentlessly Innovates and Improves
- Manages Coordination and Integration
* Develops Organisational Capability
- Manages Performance
* Emphasises Customer Focus
- Promotes Core Values
* Empowers People
* 2+ years experience in a discipline of Finance
* Demonstrated growth progression within Finance discipline
* Strong working knowledge of Windows and Software (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Oracle)
* Strong analytical and project management skills
* Professional accounting qualification - part or fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
* Experience managing multiple balance sheets in a dynamic manufacturing environment
* Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with team members within and outside of his/her department
* High integrity, excellent work ethic, customer service orientated, ability to think outside of the box and ability to mentor and coach different types of subordinate/s.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary of £25,000 - £37,000
- Competitive pension contribution
- Life insurance and Healthcare
- Annual bonus scheme
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Attractive working hours
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice