Finance Business Partner
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Qualified Accounting to join a Global Charity as a Finance Business Partner.
This Global Charity has a turnover of nearly £1 billion and works in over 100 countries all over the world.
Each year this charity works with over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online
The Finance Business Partner plays a pivotal role in this Global Charity.
The charity is currently is currently working through a change programme to move towards a globally managed business where UK and overseas regions are working together in a complementary manner to achieve high levels of impact while remaining sustainable as a business unit.
The UK based Finance function has a global remit to support regional finance and delivery teams - to ensure a consistent approach to financial controls and compliance, reporting and business support.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for:
- Acting as the named, single point of contact for finance on the project, liaising with other finance teams as and when necessary.
- Leading on the annual and quarterly business planning cycle for the project. Working with FP&A to ensure compliance with the planning process, helping develop standard reports that meet the requirement for KPI reporting and ensuring the quality and validity of KPI reporting.
- Managing financial month-end reporting. Reviewing monthly and annual business performance, preparing management reports and variance analyses and highlighting areas for improvement to ensure maximum impact and return on investment as well as financial compliance and operational efficiency. Working with delivery teams to ensure that reports are provided on a "self-service" basis with support if required.
- Managing non transactional all contract reporting to clients, partners and donors.
- Providing financial advice to the Project Delivery teams ensuring not just tailored, consistent, timely, accurate and relevant financial information but also interpretation and decision support resulting from trends identified in the achievement of strategic business objectives.
- Working with delivery team leads in managing and executing financial viability (P/L) of contract amendments and identifying any risks/opportunities. Ensuring that allocated budgets are managed, and income and expenditure, debtors/creditors, activity risk and year-end processes relating to the specific projects/activities are delivered effectively.
- Producing an Management Fee calculation to be audited as part of the annual EC reporting process.
- Leading on the project whole-life reviews to identify variances between the original pricing model and actual performance over the life of the project and feeding back lessons learnt to improve future contract pricing evaluation.
- Supporting the consistent production of financial and management information relating to internal, external and Client audits.
- Developing and embedding effective finance processes, standards, templates, tools and systems which provide an effective framework for the provision of financial business partner support to programmes and contracts.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of guidance notes and liaising with the corporate policies team to ensure consistency. Where appropriate, monitoring compliance with policies and guidance for individual projects.
- Monitoring the project Monthly Control Check for individual projects to identify potential financial risks and ensure that these are appropriately communicated.
- Supporting the business in the management of the Risk register by providing input at the Risk Management meetings.
- Identifying and resolving issues with financial control and financial accounting.
- Managing the requests for set-up of client reporting and Master Data Items for new projects.
Individual Project delivery teams
Financial Control team
Regional Finance teams
You Will be a CCAB Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIPFA) or CIMA
Significant qualified experience in a relevant managerial post.
Experience of managing a diverse team or group of stakeholders in multiple locations.
Experience of an ERP system (ideally SAP)
Be able to act as a trusted advisor. Pro-actively sharing insights to challenge, influence and add value to decision making, optimising opportunity whilst balancing with risk.
Excellent leadership and communication skills
Able to relay complex financial information in an easy-to-understand way
Highly organised and deadline oriented.
Excellent Analytical Skills
Basic salary on the range of £38,000 - £45,000
32 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
Excellent pension contributions
Based in City Centre Cardiff