My client, a local and very well-established family business are seeking to recruit a commercial and analytical Finance Assistant to join them on a permanent basis at their Head Office, based on the outskirts of Newton Abbot.
Reporting into the Director, this role will require you to deliver accurate and timely financial reporting and analysis for the various commercial arms of the business.
- Extracting large volumes of data from the bespoke accountancy software
- Updating reports held in Excel
- Critical review of all reports
- Highlighting elements of reports that require the attention of Senior managers
- Creation of further reporting on ad-hoc basis to inform Senior Managers
- Updating specifications of control accounts and taking actions / creating postings based on specifications
- Completing control / completeness checks on accounting processes
- Contributing to the upgrading or replacement of accounting software
- Assisting with general administration tasks
In order to be considered successful, you must have:
- Previous experience of working in a similar position
- At least achieved AAT level 3, but ideally you will be studying towards AAT Level 4
- Advanced Excel skills – pivot tables, lookups, macros
- Excellent communication skills and be a strong team player