UK Finance Manager
As part of the leadership team in Aztec West, the UK Finance Manager will partner with the President and Financial Controller, both located in the US, to help drive ambitious (but achievable) growth targets whilst successfully integrating the business into the wider international group.
This is a broad role within a smaller office (circa 20 heads). The successful candidate must be comfortable that due to headcount, 20% of the role will sit outside of 'pure' finance, with involvement across HR, IT, procurement etc.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversees the accounting functions including costs, payables, invoicing, AR-collections, fixed assets (including CAPEX) and reporting
- Oversees the UK's cash position and is responsible for the UK's cash projections
- Oversees the UK's purchasing, inventory, IT, payroll, and HR administration and support
- Ensures that all corporate and required accounting policies and procedures are documented and followed by the UK team
- Maintains all records and files associated with accounting, finance, and HR
- Responsible for the accurate presentation of monthly and annual financial reports in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Coordinates with auditors to arrange audits of the UK's accounts and tax consultants to ensure tax compliance
- Analyse financial reports to determine revenue, cost, and expense variances and make recommendations to management
- Establish and maintain business relationships with external auditors, banks, IT consultants, vendors, and government taxing agencies
- VAT and liaise with HMRC
- Assists the Financial Controller in the course of the annual budget process and quarterly re-forecasts
- Capable of resolving issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Prepares special projects and programs as requested.
It is expected that the successful UK Finance Manager will see no job as too small and will be comfortable 'rolling up their sleeves' to support/develop a growing team. To apply you must meet the following criteria and live locally to Bristol:
- Qualified Accountant preferred (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Proficient in Excel and (ideally) SAGE accounting software
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to oversee all technical aspects of finance (including stat account production, VAT, assisting the annual audit)
- Comfort working in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
This is a Bristol based engineering business with a fantastic product. They are the market leader in their field and the fastest growing subsidiary of 16 within the PE portfolio. It is an international business with a footprint in the UK and the US.
£50,000-55,000 + Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice