Role: Financial accounting and administration encompassing bursaries, School trips, staff expense claims, review of batches of purchase invoices and defined benefit pension scheme transactions.
- Despatch of bursary application forms and guidance notes
- Collating appropriate documentation from applicants
- Preparing means-tested bursary assessments for review with the Finance Manager
- Collating authorised documentation to set up a new trip account
- Arranging bursarial amendments to trip account if required
- Processing sterling and / or foreign currency requests
- Reconciliation of trip accounts
- Liaising with school trips administrator (new role)
GENERAL FINANCE ADMINISTRATION
- Reviewing and processing of all staff expense claims including dealing with staff queries
- Detailed checking of batches of purchase invoices and identifying purchases / sales of fixed assets, prepayments and accruals for management accounts / year-end purposes
- Defined benefit pension scheme cheque payments as required
- Updating defined benefit pension scheme cash book / sending copy bank statements to the Scheme Administrator / reviewing monthly investment manager reports and updating spreadsheets
- Assisting with ad hoc Finance Manager and Deputy Finance Director tasks as required
All staff have a responsibility and duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. Staff must be aware of the systems within the School which support safeguarding and must act in accordance with the School’s Safeguarding & Child Protection policy and Code of Conduct. Staff will receive appropriate child protection training which is regularly updated.
Personal Profile and Skills:
- Experienced in the use of accounting software systems such as SAGE 200
- Capable of communicating calmly, sensitively and with discretion.
- Adaptable, hard-working and willing to work as part of a developing team
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office including the basic techniques of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly efficient and meticulous and showing a great deal of attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure at times
- Excellent inter-personal skills including the ability to communicate with non-financial staff who have different skillsets
- Positive attitude, ability to work flexibly and committed team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with discretion at all times
- Previous finance experience is essential
- Experience in a School environment helpful, however not essential
Further details and an application form can be obtained from the School’s website: www.stpaulsschool.org.uk via the ‘Vacancies’ link, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Wednesday 1st August 2018.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 8th August 2018.