Senior Internal Auditor
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most recognisable brands in Wales based in Cardiff.
Our client is one of the most recognisable brands in Wales and a top 10 in their field across the UK.
As a Senior Internal Auditor you will be responsible for performing audits across the business in order to evaluate and assess whether the business is adequately managing its risks. This will involve meeting with colleagues at all levels, reviewing documents and performing detailed testing in order to draw conclusions. You'll be responsible for presenting your findings back to the business and reaching an agreement on the actions to take to better manage these risks going forward.
Internal Audit's work is varied and interesting as it covers the whole breadth of the organisation and will give you the opportunity to understand how things work in different areas and to engage with colleagues of all levels, including senior leaders and the Non Executive Directors.
What you'll do;
- Reporting to an Audit Manager, you will use audit methodology to identify and assess business risks and the associated controls.
- Gather relevant evidence and analyse and question this using your professional judgement to form conclusions.
- Clearly record and document all work performed to support your conclusions.
- Meet with colleagues at all levels to discuss areas of concern, audit findings and potential solutions.
- Write clear, concise audit reports to present your findings and the agreed action plans.
- Liaise with action owners to monitor the completion of agreed management actions.
- Perform independent quality assurance reviews over the work of other Internal Audit team members.
- Maintain your technical competence through CPD and networking with professionals in other organisations.
- Support the Audit Managers in running and effective team by assisting with tasks such as updating process notes, running MI reports etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with senior managers across the business in order to identify risks and feed in to audit planning
The sucessful candiate will posess the following skills;
- Ideally ACA, ACCA or IIA qualified however QBE's with very strong Internal Audit skills will be considered.
- Ideally Audit skills gained in Financial Services, however other sectors will be considered.
- Very strong Financial And risk based Auditing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Probing and inquisitive
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to efficiently analyse large amounts of complex data from different sources
- Ability to work to deadlines ensuring expectations of stakeholders are effectively managed
- A good understanding of risk management and financial processes/controls
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise competing tasks
- An innovative thinker who can use technology, systems and processes to determine the most effective way to test controls
A competitive basic salary paying up to early £40,000's.
Part Time working c3-4 days a week will be considered for this role.
Other benefits include;
Pension, bonus and incentive schemes, free life assurance cover, critical illness protection, private health care and the option to buy extra holiday each year.
Applications close 30th July 2018