Accounts Senior | London
An exciting opportunity for an Accounts Senior to join a highly established firm that will support their development beyond qualification.
This is a hands-on role, which will require the candidate to work under their own initiative in our city office working primarily on year-end accounts & audits & ad-hoc assignments for numerous clients as well as the mentoring and review of the work of up to three junior/semi-senior staff.
This award-winning practice therefore require an accountant (Qualified or QBE) with a UK based accounts background to carry out the following role:
Duties of the Senior Accountant:
- Preparation of accounts for corporate and non-corporate entities maintaining working paper files to a high and professional standard.
- Review the working papers and accounts drafted by more junior staff and provide assistance and mentoring where necessary.
- Up to date knowledge of the application of accounting standards.
- Preparation of Corporation & Income Tax
- Reasonable taxation, payroll and statutory knowledge required.
- Experience of IRIS preferable.
The ideal Senior Accountant should be:
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel & MS Outlook in particular)
- Proactive in their approach to the role and the requirements of the firm.
- Ability to communicate and interact with staff and clients on a professional level.
- Able to organise, manage and control their own workload and adhere to client and office deadlines and discretion.
- Capable of working on numerous clients’ affairs, setting & working to budgets as well as the ability to organize, manage and control their workload whilst adhering to office and client deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact with clients on a professional level.
- Will report directly to partners
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounts/auditing in a U.K. practice.
For more information on this Accounts Senior role please either apply directly, or contact Cody Palmer at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.