Our Plymouth offices are now seeking to expand the team with a new Accounts Senior role.
TaxAssist Accountants have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our team. This will be a varied and challenging role, including day to day management of a portfolio of clients, preparation of accounts and tax computations for our varied range of clients, and providing our clients with day to day support on a range of tax and business matters.
TaxAssist Accountants are the largest network of accountants who focus specifically on small businesses and individual taxpayers. We specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings and tax advice to small businesses. The TaxAssist network have over 65,000 clients in the UK including Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Tax Payers.
Joining TaxAssist means you can:
- Be part of a recognised large accountancy network while benefiting from being in a friendly, local business atmosphere
- Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with local small businesses. You will be helping a wide range of small business owners with their finances, no two days will be the same
- Receive support from an accountancy network and Support Centre for technical and business development support
- Benefit from access to training, CPD, guidance, tools and videos to expand your soft skills and technical knowledge
- Work for an employer that is focused on long-term staff retention and reward. Career development opportunities are available to the right candidates
- Join a team that is quick to adapt, are advocates of cloud bookkeeping and other time-saving products - we take innovation seriously and are at the forefront in piloting and testing new products for the wider TaxAssist network.
The role will work closely with the existing technical team and report to both the Client Managers and Director. Excellent management and supervisory skills are important, but equally we will help you develop this side of your skillset further too. The role offers a fast track to a full Client Manager position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of a portfolio of business clients
- Preparation of sole trader and limited company accounts and tax returns
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Helping clients move from manual to digital software (QBO / Xero / ReceiptBank)
- Supervising, coaching and developing junior members of the team
- Provision of regular business and tax planning advice to clients
- Taking a leading role in our transition to a fully digital platform
You will have accounts and taxation experience gained from working within a practice accountancy environment. Specifically, you will be AAT qualified as a minimum and ideally studying towards ACCA or ACA. Study support is available for the right candidates and other comparable qualifications may be considered.