Commercial Project Financial Accountant
Our client is a large Wealth Management Company with £89.91bn of Client Funds under their management.
They are currently looking for a Commercial Project Financial Accountant to join the business and offer financial support to the commercial division.
Their focus on achieving and maintaining a thorough understanding of your financial needs and aspirations. They believe passionately that the best wealth management service is provided through personal, face-to-face advice.
Their Partners deliver that service, supported by a comprehensive range of financial solutions and a distinctive approach to investment management, which enables them to create financial plans that can adapt to your changing needs and circumstances.
As part of a newly cretaed role, the Commercial Project Financail Accountant will be required to:
- Undertake ad-hoc commercial finance projects for the St. James's Place Large & Medium Business Unit (LMBU)
- Provide support to LMBU businesses with finance related matters
- Analysis of LMBU finance metrics for Corporate decision making
- Appraise financial issues which impact owner managed businesses and apply findings to similar SJP businesses and the wider Corporate
- Use findings/deliverables to apply to other SJP Partner businesses and therefore use to drive company-wide policies and guidance
The successfulcandiate will have the following:
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge (e.g. pivot tables, financial modelling
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Financial services experience and expertise is of benefit, but not essential
- Excellent report writing skills and drafting of persuasive Board papers
- Project management experience with Board level deliverables
- Ability to prioritise and manage numerous projects to tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to draw conclusions and contribute to finance strategy
- Ability to use expertise to solve complex problems and queries
- Work independently and with a large degree of autonomy
- Uses multiple sources of information for problem solving
- Ability to develop deep relationships with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to convey complex ideas and theories and to engage with technical specialists