Role: Financial Accountant
Robert Half are recruiting for a rapidly growing Manufacturing business based in Gloucester, The business has set the goal of sustaining a world-class level of performance and are looking for the right candidate with a high motivation and ambitious drive to join our General Accounting team. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage multiple business priorities simultaneously and independently. They will have effective verbal and written communications within all levels of the business. This position will be fulfilling for a candidate who has a passion for developing and sharing knowledge in ways that improve business profitability, has curiosity and the analytic capability to solve business problems.
- Preparation and timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for the US GAAP and local GAAP/IFRS accounts, including reconciliations and tax accounting.
- Analysis on income statement and balance sheet accounts.
- Execution of respective reporting to Global and Regional hubs, as well as various business groups and functions.
- Timely response on ad hoc questions from our internal customers.
- Support projects around continuous improvement (to internal accounting processes), as well as transactional and other project support.
- Provide support to other Financial Accountants if required.
- Self-starter with hands-on mentality and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy, as well as understanding the bigger picture.
- AAT or Degree Qualified in a relevant field e.g. Finance & Accounting.
- Desire to develop and study for ACCA/CIMA or equivalent professional qualification.
- Experience in an accounting or finance function.
- Good communicator, able to explain complex technical accounting to non-accounting customers in an easy way.
- Fluent in English in writing and speaking.
- Knowledge of US GAAP/European local statutory accounting rules and regulations.
- Experience in an international setting.
- Preparation of financial statements in readiness for audit.
Salary: negotiable depending on experience
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice