Senior Accountant - Business Services Team - Top 100 Firm
AJ Chambers are partnering with one of the country’s Top 100 accountancy practices for the recruitment of an outstanding Accounts Senior in their Basildon office’s Business Services team.
Based in the Business Services team, you will be managing and developing a portfolio of some of the firm’s most prestigious clients, preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts, and offering guidance on issues such as cash flow and VAT. You will also be responsible for the statutory year-end accounts for these businesses. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Accountant to move into a client-facing role where you have a real impact on the day-to-day running of the clients’ businesses, and you will learn many skills which can be transferred to roles in industry in the future.
You will be working out of the firm’s Basildon office, which is an extremely modern and stylish open-plan office space with a bistro café serving Starbucks coffee and a staff car park on-site. As an employer, this accountancy practice is one of the very best, always looking to upskill existing staff, and providing a comprehensive remuneration package. Morale is extremely high here, with a very low turnover of staff.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Interpreting management accounts and communicating the results to clients in a clear and concise manner
- Preparing cash flow forecasts
- Preparing and submitting statutory year-end accounts
- Designing and implementing bespoke reporting systems
- Reviewing and submitting VAT returns prior to submission
- Reviewing bookkeeping which has been completed by junior accountants
- Regularly speaking with clients, both face-to-face and via email & telephone
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of accounting systems in order to advise clients on the most suitable packages
- Training junior members of staff
- Ideally ACA/ACCA qualified, although part qualified candidates will be considered
- Exceptional accounts knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills preferred, e.g. formulas, charts, pivot tables and sorting of data
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
Please apply direct or contact Jim Knott at AJ Chambers for more information on this fantastic opportunity.
Apply for Senior Accountant - Business Services Team - Top 100 Firm
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly