Due to continued expansion, our client is looking to recruit an Accountant to join its team within this forward-thinking accountancy practice on the outskirts of Marlow. Managing a portfolio of clients, this role will incorporate a wide range of duties, although the company will mould the role around an exceptional candidate’s specialisms to suit.
Reporting to the Partners, the main functions of the Accountant will include:
- Statutory and management accounting
- Statutory audit work
- All aspects of corporate and personal tax, including advisory work
- The management of both corporate clients and individuals
- Preparation of financial statements, corporate tax returns and personal tax returns
To be considered for this position applicant should have the following skills and experience:
- Good working knowledge of audit and accounting standards, corporation tax, income tax, VAT and PAYE
- Be a qualified ACA, ACCA, CTA or an exceptional part qualified or qualified by experience accountant
- Previous experience within a practice environment is essential
- Competent with the Microsoft Office Suite as well as accountancy, taxation and practice management software
- Be a team player with the ability to guide, assist and mentor more junior members of staff
- Be confident and able to work on your own initiative
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with the team and clients
In return for your skills and dedication, this dynamic firm will offer a competitive salary and benefits within a supportive and friendly working environment.