Senior Bookkeeper / Accountant
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant within a well-established, boutique accountancy practice on the outskirts of Slough. This firm enjoys high staff retention, indicative of being a fantastic employer. This role will be within a friendly team, predominantly working on a mixed portfolio of SME clients.
The main functions of this Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant role will include:
- Bookkeeping for a range of clients
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts and VAT returns
- Give advice to clients on salary and dividends
- Be the first point of contact for allocated clients, responding to various client enquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Develop an ongoing, effective relationship with clients and ensure retention of clients
- Working within a team to ensure deadlines are met and be able to work independently
As Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant, the successful candidate will bring with them, significant experience from a similar role within a practice environment.
To be considered for this position, applicants will satisfy the following:
- Be a qualified, part-qualified or an exceptional qualified by experience bookkeeper or accountant
- Have a solid experience of accountancy software e.g. Sage, IRIS, FreeAgent, Kashflow and other online bookkeeping software
- Be an amiable team player
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be highly organised with attention to detail
In return for your skills and commitment, this dynamic firm will offer a competitive salary, flexible working within a friendly and supportive working environment.